Furnace Check-Ups in Charlotte – Why is it Necessary?
When purchasing a new furnace, it is likely that the technician will recommend annual check-ups for the unit. With appointments costing anywhere from $30 to more than $200, many homeowners feel overwhelmed about the cost and where to start and end up skipping the service altogether. This could be dangerous for a few different reasons. First and foremost, skipping your seasonal furnace check-up can void your furnace warranty. This means that if something goes wrong with your furnace, the repair will most likely come out of your pocket rather than the service company’s, and this can get expensive! Secondly, seasonal furnace checkups can help find small problems before they become big ones.
During your seasonal check-up, a professional technician will inspect the various components of your heating system. He/she should check the vents for:
· any blockages in the vent system
· inspect the blower and its parts
· check the drainage system for any blocks or leaks
· check to make sure the igniter and pilot light are working properly
· test the blower motor and compare it to the specifications for your model furnace
· check the wiring for any corrosion
· check and clean the burner wheel
With so many components of the furnace being inspection, a seasonal furnace check-up is necessary to keep your unit running properly and smoothly. By not getting one, you are putting your system at risk for a system failure and a costly repair. When you are ready to schedule a furnace check-up in Charlotte, contact Charlotte Comfort Systems to receive exceptional, efficient service.